McKinney Christian Church — 6-8 p.m. Sunday, The Turners will perform a two-hour concert. The church is on Ky. 198 in McKinney. For more information, call (606) 669-5638.
Good things to eat
Alum Springs First Church of God — 5-7 p.m. Saturday, the men’s group will sponsor a chili supper. Tickets are $6. For more information, call (859) 236-4859.
Fairview Christian Church — 5-7 p.m. Saturday, the church will have a soup and sandwich supper. The meal includes, soup, sandwich, dessert and drink, all you can eat. Donations will be accepted.
The church is on Ky. 52, six miles east of Lancaster across from Paint Lick Elementary School.
First Christian Church — noon-1 p.m. Mondays, the church will have Lenten lunches open to the community. The church is at 555 E. Lexington Ave. The schedule includes:
- Feb. 27: Jesus is Baptized, John 1:29-39, speaker is Tommy Valentine and cooks are Henrietta Cannon and Judy Major
- March 5: First Miracle in Cana, John 2:1-11, speaker is Sara Hempel and cook is Nancy McMurry
- March 12: Woman at the Well, John 4:5-42, speaker is Tom Huckleberry and cook is Ann Barker
- March 19: Jesus Walks on Water, John 6:16-21, speaker is Dale Denton and cook is Rosemary Hamblin
- March 26:¿Lazarus and Jesus, John 11:1-44, speaker is Dr. Bill Curwood and cook is Evelyn Page
- April 2:¿The Crucifixion, John 19:17-30, speaker is Elmer Jackson and cook is Susie Allen