The Boyle County Courthouse was evacuated briefly this morning while fire officials investigated an unusual odor of gas wafting through Danville, officials said.
ATMOS Energy professionals were working at the pump station on Hustonville Road this morning, and a bit of gas leaked, said Danville Fire Marshal Ken Pflug. Because of the wind, the odor wafted throughout the city, which sparked many panicked calls to emergency officials, the fire marshal said. The courthouse was evacuated as a precaution while authorities investigated the source of the smell.
“We soon found out there was no hazard at any time,” Pflug said.
As of 10 a.m., the odor had begun to dissipate.