There is still time to nominate someone for an award during the 94th Annual Chamber Celebration. The Danville-Boyle County Chamber of Commerce is asking the public to nominate businesses and individuals for the following categories:
* Outstanding Citizen Award: Outstanding citizens have been recognized by the Chamber for more than 10 years. This award has been presented to those who have volunteered hundreds of hours to benefit their community and their fellow man. These hours have generally involved interest and dedication in many areas rather than being focused in one area in particular.
* Outstanding Business Person: This award is presented to an individual for community service, civic leadership, personal character, peer respect and Chamber involvement.
* Outstanding Business (large & small): This award is presented to a business for growth, business appearance, community service and Chamber participation. Small business is classified as a business with less than 50 employees and a large business is considered 50 or more employees.
* Community Impact Award: Award first presented at the 2008 banquet that recognizes individuals or organizations who respond to an identified need and initiate actions that affect people in the community in significant or profound ways. It could also be an initiative that has an indelible mark on the face of Danville/Boyle County’s economy. Those responsible for such efforts do not seek personal gain or notoriety. Nevertheless, the results of their actions deserve to be recognized. This will be awarded as appropriate.
* Outstanding Volunteer Award: This award is presented to an individual for dedicated community service to an organization or organizations in our non-profit community.
Nominations are due by Wednesday, Jan. 16, 2013. The Chamber celebration will be 6:30 p.m., Friday, Feb. 1, 2013, at the Danville Country Club. The event is open to the public. There will be cocktails, hors d’oeuvres and dancing. The event will feature music by DJ Tao. Tickets are $40. Deadline to order tickets is Friday, Jan. 25, 2013.
For more information, contact Paula Fowler at (859) 236-2361 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.