HARRODSBURG - Two people who were allegedly in possession of a gun stolen from a Lexington police officer when they were busted for drugs have been indicted by a Mercer County Grand Jury.
Algernon J. Buster, 22, of Lexington, and Kody A. Carpenter, 17, of Nicholasville, each were charged with receiving a stolen firearm, trafficking in cocaine, carrying a concealed weapon and possession of marijuana. Bonds were set at $20,000 each. Harrodsburg officer Scott Baker testified before the grand jury.
A drug dog from Danville was called in and helped officers find 13 ounces of cocaine, a small amount of pot and a handgun that was reported stolen from a Lexington police officer, police said.
Others indicted by the grand jury were:
- Carlos Dunn, 42, 699 Wren St., six counts of forgery for allegedly having six forged checks drawn on Community Trust Bank in December 2011. Bond was set at $15,000. Harrodsburg officer Brian Allen testified before the grand jury.
- Erica Nicole Patterson, 33, 303 Pheasant Drive, burglary and theft less than $500 for allegedly unlawfully entering Walmart and taking a comforter on Aug. 5. Bond was set at $5,000. Harrodsburg officer Jason Peyton testified.
- Teresa Lewis, 37, 114 N. Main St., allegedly trafficking in oxycodone on Sept. 5. Bond was set at $5,000. Deputy Matt Swabey testified.
- Brian K. Powers, 47, of Lexington, alleged possession of cocaine on Aug. 22. Bond was set at $5,000. Deputy Sean Brown testified.
- Carmela A. Starr, 47, 336 Pheasant Drive, two counts of allegedly trafficking in hydrocodone on Aug. 8 and Aug. 30. Bond was set at $10,000. Harrodsburg officer Brett Thomas testified.
- Thomas F. Lewis Sr., 39, 194 Leesburg Road, alleged manufacturing and possession of methamphetamine on Sept. 1. Bond was set at $30,000. Thomas testified.
- Justin L. Williams, 27, 441 W. Office St., alleged manufacturing of meth and possession of pseudoephedrine on Sept. 6. Bond was set at $30,000. Brown testified.
- Jeffrey W. Price, 38, 2249 Louisville Road, alleged trafficking in oxycodone and heroin in May and June. Bond was set at $20,000. Swabey testified.
- Jordan S. Floyd, 22, 274 Huffman Road, third-degree rape and sodomy for allegedly engaging in sexual acts with a female less than 16 years old on Jan. 1. Bond was set at $10,000. Trooper Rodney Wren testified.
- Henry M. Baker, 45, 420 Robbin St., making false statements to receive benefits for allegedly failing to report changes affecting his unemployment insurance benefits in 2008. Joseph Trent testified.
- Antonio Dean, 44, 459 Tabler Ave., first-degree burglary for allegedly causing physical injury when unlawfully entering the home of Melissa Long and Christopher Gribbons on Sept. 1. Bond was set at $20,000. Harrodsburg officer Tony Godbey testified.
- Scottie A. McCristal, 35, 220 Azela St., burglary for allegedly entering the home of Pam Wheeler on Oct. 31. Bond was set at $10,000. Godbey testified.
- Marvin B. Mullins Jr. 42, 208 W. Mill St., Burgin, allegedly manufacturing meth on Sept. 1. Bond was set at $25,000. Burgin Police Chief Jim Caldwell testified.
- Tabitha Sparks, 31, 631 Countryside Drive, fraudulent use of an ID card for allegedly using her deceased father’s food stamp card for her own benefit between July and October. Bond was set at $5,000. Allen testified.
- Sandra W. Drury, 48, Carson Court, allegedly trafficking in oxycodone on Aug. 8. Bond was set at $5,000. Thomas testified.