LANCASTER — A job fair will take place from 2-6 p.m. today at the First Southern National Bank Community Room on the Lancaster Public Square.
Garrard County Economic Development Director Nathan Mick said, “This job fair, in partnership with SSI Worldwide and the Central Kentucky Career Center, will provide high-wage job opportunities to qualified candidates in our community willing to serve abroad in Iraq and Afghanistan for one year.”
CEO of SSI Worldwide, Scott Shinn, noted that the positions will be a one-year sub-contract with 30 days of paid vacation. Starting salary for selected candidates meeting the qualifications listed below is $100,000-plus for the year:
- Perform electronics/electro-mechanical troubleshooting and maintenance using schematics and wiring diagrams to perform fault isolation of electronic circuits and electromechanical sub-assemblies.
- Strong computer skills, systems hardware and software installation, analysis, troubleshooting and repair; and the daily utilization of Windows programs such as the Microsoft Windows Office Suite: including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint skill sets.
- Must be able to proficiently use the following:
- Digital volt multi-meters and oscilloscopes
- Electrical/mechanical hand tools
- Must be able to test, install, troubleshoot and repair individual electrical and mechanical components such as printed circuit boards/ cards, fiber optic , coaxial, and multi-pin cables and connectors, motors, digital drives, transformers, power supplies, HV power supplies, terminal blocks, compressors, relays, X-ray tubes, photo multiplier tubes, CPU’s, etc.
- Must be able to lift and carry minimum of 50 lbs.
- Must have electronics/ electrical associates degree, tech school, or equivalent experience
- Must have current or be able to obtain a secret clearance
- Must be able to pass medical, dental, and credit/criminal background checks
- Prior military a plus
- Mechanical, diesel generator, and HVAC experience helpful
Business Service Specialist Erica Sluder has put together a team of staff from the Danville Central Kentucky Career Center to assist applicants.
Mick also noted there is training available for candidates interested in a position abroad with SSI Worldwide who are close to meeting all skill sets and prerequisites but need additional support to be fully qualified. These candidates are urged to attend the job fair for more information and to express their interest in working for SSI Worldwide.