STANFORD — A Garrard County man was indicted for rape by a Lincoln County grand jury for allegedly trying to force an acquaintance into having sex with him.
David T. Hamilton, 21, of Lancaster, was indicted for first-degree rape for allegedly using “forcible compulsion” in attempting to have sexual intercourse with a woman on July 25.
Trooper Paul Blanton said the incident occurred at a duplex near the Land of Goshen subdivision in northern Lincoln County. Blanton described the encounter as attempted “acquaintance rape.”
Bond was set at $25,000. Trooper Eric Taylor testified before the grand jury.
Others indicted by the grand jury were:
- James L. Linville, 34, address unavailable, flagrant nonsupport for allegedly falling $8,339 behind in child support payments. Bond was set at $8,000. Dana M. Gander testified.
- Brian Ward, 38, of Harrodsburg, promoting contraband for allegedly having a controlled substance inside the Lincoln County Detention Center on July 20. A captain at the detention center testified.
- Kirk Lee Goodlett, 39, 3055 Bowen Road, allegedly trafficking in oxycodone on April 18 and May 18. Bond was set at $25,000. Kentucky State Police Detective Keith Addison testified.
- Todd Eric Boyd, 46, Herndon Ave. Apt. 6, criminal mischief for allegedly doing more than $1,000 in damage to property owned by Steven and Shannon Turner in March 2010. Bond was set at $10,000. Shannon Turner testified.
- David W. Roberts, 43, of Cincinnatti, and Keesha Saylor Baier, 33, of 45 Rebecca Lane, Stanford, manufacturing methamphetamine and three counts of wanton endangerment for allegedly making meth while armed and placing deputies Ryan Kirkpatrick, Bill Hester and Mickey Taylor in substantial danger on May 1. Bonds were set at $50,000. Kirkpatrick testified.
- Jesse L. Horseman, 26, and James D. Durham, 35, both of Stanford, four counts each of trafficking in cocaine for allegedly selling the drug to a confidential police informant on Oct. 28, Nov. 2, Nov. 17 and Dec. 6. Bonds were set at $25,000 each. Addison testified.
- Richard D. Moore, 34, of Berea, allegedly trafficking in cocaine on Dec. 6. Bond was set at $25,000. Addison testified.