STANFORD — Five inmates at Lincoln County Regional Jail have been indicted for allegedly beating up another inmate and taking his phone card.
William Bullock, 34, of Liberty, Brandon Biggs, 31, of Stanford, and Brandon Vanover, 18, Joseph Denny, 21, and Travis Puckett, 30, all of Lancaster, each were charged with first-degree robbery, second-degree assault and intimidating a witness for allegedly causing serious injury to Claude E. Bailey while robbing him of his phone card used to make calls from the jail and then threatening him if he reported the incident on July 5.
Bonds were set at $150,000 each. A captain at the jail testified before the grand jury.
Others indicted recently by the grand jury were:
- Wendy S. Jones, 39, of 522 Cross Road, Eubank, welfare fraud for allegedly failing to report changes affecting her eligibility for benefits between September 2010 and July 2011. Bond was set at $5,000. Bradley Reid testified.
- Jason Manuel, 37, of 257 Pine Grove Road, second-degree robbery for allegedly using physical force to rob Dwayne Naylor on June 16, 2011. Bond was set at $75,000. Stanford police Detective Barry Allen testified.
- Tabitha Schmiers, 29, of 830 E. Main St., promoting contraband for allegedly having buprenorphine inside the Lincoln County Detention Center on May 12. Bond was set at $10,000. Parsons testified.
- Deedra Shipp, 1140 Pine Grove Road, promoting contraband for allegedly having buprenorphine inside the Lincoln County Regional Jail on May 28. Bond was set at $10,000. A jail captain testified.
- Jeffrey Martin, 33, of 43A Jessica Way, second-degree assault and burglary for allegedly striking Linda Jones in the face and breaking into the home of Joanna Cooper on May 3. Bond was set at $150,000. Jones testified.
- Charles E. Richards, 43, of Hustonville, and William K. Goode, 21, of Danville, allegedly cultivating marijuana on Dec. 21; Richards also was indicted for receiving stolen property for allegedly having a gun stolen from James T. Cloyd. Bonds were set at $10,000 each. Deputy Dewayne Taylor testified.