Guest speaker set
Cornerstone Assembly of God — 10:30 a.m. and 6 p.m. Sunday, Tommy Hayes of Messiah Ministries will speak. The church is at 2035 Old Lexington Road. For more information, call (859) 236-9058.
Boyle County Public Library meetings set
- Concerned Citizens for Human Relations — 3:30 p.m. Sunday. The group acts as a bridge between different nationalities in the community, finding common ground through multicultural community projects.
- ’Tween Advisory Group — 4 p.m. Monday. The service-oriented volunteer group gives ’tweens (ages 9-13) a forum to give input on ’tween programs, materials and other services.
- Crafters with a Cause — 6 p.m. Monday. The group meets to create needlecraft and other projects to share with those in need.
- Boyle County Genealogy Association Christmas — 6:30 p.m. Monday. Michael J. Denis will give a presentation about Kentucky vital records. There will be a discussion and possible vote on a proposed by-law revision as well as the election of officers for 2013.
- Economic Development Partnership — 8 a.m. Wednesday.
- Ribbon cutting ceremony — noon Wednesday. The event will celebrate the new and expanded parking area at the public library. Santa Claus will make an appearance, and hot cocoa and popcorn will be served.
- Third Thursday Book Club — 10 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. Thursday. The group will discuss “The Crowning Glory” by Rebecca Wells. The selection for January is “In the Garden of the Beasts” by Erik Larson. Books are available at the circulation desk.
- Children’s library — 4:15 p.m. Thursday. ’Tweens are invited to make “gingerbread” houses out of graham crackers and other treats.
For more information, call the library at (859) 238-7323 or visit the website at www.boylepublib.org, or stop by to inquire about the children’s story times tween reading activities and various computer programs offered throughout the month. Some activities require registration.
Danville Board of Education — 6 p.m. Monday at Danville High School. Agenda items include financial and personnel reports. American Sign Language interpreters are available for meetings upon request. Call Louellen Turner at (859) 936-8513.
Danville-Boyle County NAACP — 6:30 p.m. Monday at First Baptist Church, Second and Walnut.
Lancaster City Council — 7 p.m. Tuesday at city hall. Agenda for the special-called meeting includes a special presentation of individuals who have impacted the local community.