1. The real problems with the economy started in the middle of George Bush’s second term after the Democrats took control of both houses of Congress.
2. With Democrats in control, President Bush couldn’t do much to constrain them so within two years they were well on their way to wrecking the economy.
3. Then after Obama won the White House and was sworn in, in January 2009, the Democrats were in total control of all three major areas of government — the House of Representatives, the Senate and the White House.
4. They continued unchecked for two more years, wrecking the economy until the Republicans took back control of the House of Representatives in 2010 and at least slowed them down.
5. Now Mr. Obama has resorted to going around or bypassing Congress with this executive order thing — so no telling what else he will do to further damage our country. So we can see who started this recession and is causing the problems.
To have any chance of getting things turned around and headed back in the right direction, Republicans must keep control of the House, take back control of the Senate and win the White House in the November election.
It is common for the president, whoever he may be, to get the blame for the nation’s problems even when his hands are tied by the opposite party being in control of the Congress, but that doesn’t necessarily make it right or correct! Having said that, I think this time it is absolutely crucial that Republicans take back total control because we cannot afford four more years of this administration destroying our economy, security and freedom.
Much concern swirls around the economy, but I’m also very concerned about our national defense, the intelligence leaks, our borders, apologies to those who don’t like us trying to appease them, gutting our military, and on and on! We must elect a new president!