Take the quiz and learn what summer cooling tips the EPA recommends to help you save money and energy.
1. Using a programmable thermostat properly can help you save how much money on a yearly basis?
2. Run ceiling fans in a clockwise direction to create a wind-chill effect that will make you "feel" cooler.
3. It's a good idea to inspect your duct system for leaks and disconnections because most houses leak by what percentage or more?
A. 10 percent
B. 20 percent
C. 30 percent
D. 50 percent
4. Even if you rent you can make a big difference and save money. A new showerhead can save you how much annually on electricity, according to the Department of Energy?
5. The lint trap is an important energy saver. What's one of the easiest things you can do to increase drying efficiency and save up to $34 each year?
A. Only partially dry clothes
B. Put dryer setting on "Delicate"
C. Take your drying to local laundry mat
D. Clean the lint trap before each load