Students at East Jessamine High School were evacuated briefly Wednesday afternoon after lights began flickering and there was a burning smell in the building.
The Nicholasville Fire Department arrived on the scene just before 3 p.m. and began investigating.
The source of the problem was burnt electrical motors that caused electricity outages in the building and a smoke odor, Nicholasville deputy fire chief Kevin Baker said. No one was injured, and fire officials deemed the building safe and allowed students to return within about 20 minutes. Many hallway lights were flickering or out as the building was reoccupied.
East Jessamine principal Janet Granada said Thursday morning that a bird had flown into a fuse box to cause the issues. She said a few rooms may be a little warm Thursday but that most of the air conditioning was working and that electricity was normal while repairs were being made.