Gilman defensive tackle Henry Poggi is the No. 25 high school football prospect in the Class of 2013 according to MaxPreps/CBS Sports recruiting analyst Tom Lemming, who released his Top 100 list this week.
- High school sports: May 2013 [Pictures]
- High school sports: April 2013 [Pictures]
- 2012-13 Athletes of the Week [Pictures]
- Reader high school sports photos
- High school sports: March 2013 [Pictures]
- High school sports: Feb. 2013 [Pictures]
See more photos »
- High School Sports
- Massachusetts Interscholastic Athletic Association
The 6-foot-4, 255-pound son of Greyhounds coach Biff Poggi earned first-team All-Metro honors last fall after making 49 tackles (including 11 for loss) and finishing the season with 10 sacks.
Poggi also played tight end for the MIAA A Conference champions, racking up 100 receiving yards and 19 pancake blocks.
He has scholarship offers from such programs as Alabama, Auburn, Maryland, Michigan, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Stanford, West Virginia and Iowa, where his brother Jim plays.
Rivals.com had Poggi ranked No. 43 in his class in a list released in February.
Good Counsel cornerback Kendall Fuller, who is considering Maryland among a host of offers, ranks No. 42 on the Lemming's list.