A Winchester woman was taken to the hospital following a kitchen fire Monday afternoon.
Deborah Henry, 58, of 102 Fitch Ave., was treated for smoke inhalation by Winchester Fire-EMS personnel and transported to Clark Regional Medical Center after fire broke out in the kitchen of the home around 3 p.m.
Another resident, Chad Abner, also was in the residence at the time of the fire and was removed by Winchester Police, who assisted firefighters at the scene.
Fire Chief Eric Hunter said the home suffered minor damage to the kitchen. The fire is under investigation by the fire marshal, Hunter said.
Firefighters also responded to mulch fires Monday afternoon.
The first was at 3:38 p.m. at 1520 W. Lexington Ave. in which mulch in landscaping beside a parking lot caught fire.
At 4:08 p.m. employees at Ultimate Tans, 722 Boone Ave., reported smelling smoke inside the business. When firefighters arrived, they found mulch smoldering in a flower pot near the front door of the business.
Contact Bob Flynn at email@example.com.